- Mark your calendars
Implementation of the Affordable Care Act is on the agenda of these meetings:
May 23: Senate Finance Committee, presentation by Secretary of Health and Human Resources Bill Hazel on modernizing state eligibility systems for Medicaid and other human services, 9:30 a.m., General Assembly Building, Senate Room B.
June 6: The Virginia Health Care Conference, held by the Virginia Chamber of Commerce, featuring Medicaid administrator Marilyn Tavenner, 9 a.m., Greater Richmond Convention Center.
June 13: The Virginia Health Reform Initiative Advisory Council, details to be announced.
June 17: The Medicaid Innovation and Reform Commission, 1 p.m., General Assembly Building, House Room D.
- The commission
Members of the state Medicaid Innovation and Reform Commission:
• Senate Finance Chairman Walter A. Stosch, R-Henrico
• Sen. Emmett W. Hanger Jr., R-Augusta, chairman of the Subcommittee on Health and Human Resources
• Sen. John Watkins, R-Powhatan
• Sen. Janet D. Howell, D-Fairfax
• Sen. L. Louise Lucas, D-Portsmouth
• Del. John M. O’Bannon III, R-Henrico
• Del. Jimmie Massie, R-Henrico
• Del. R. Steven Landes, R-Augusta
• Del. Beverly J. Sherwood, R-Frederick
• Del. Johnny S. Joannou, D-Portsmouth
• Secretary of Health and Human Resources William A. Hazel Jr.
• Finance Secretary Richard D. “Ric” Brown
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:00 am
Updated: 3:41 pm, Tue Jul 22, 2014.
Virginia hospitals face an anxious summer and fall as state lawmakers begin to take a hard look at reforming — and potentially expanding — the state’s Medicaid program for the poor, elderly and disabled.
Next month, a new legislative commission will meet for the first time to review Medicaid reforms required under the state budget that will take effect July 1.
Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:00 am.
Updated: 3:41 pm.