Gov. Ralph Northam has announced the following appointments:
Virginia Commonwealth University Board of Visitors:
- Pamela K. El of St. Petersburg, Fla., CEO of Pam El Consulting;
- Carolina Espinal of Arlington, founding principal of Mozaic Strategies LLC;
- Coleen Santa Ana of Elizabeth City, N.C., president of Sentara Albemarle Medical Center;
- Alexis N. Swann of Yorktown; and
- Shantaram Talegaonkar of North Chesterfield, retired ophthalmologist.
Virginia Military Institute Board of Visitors:
- Lara Tyler Chambers of Manakin-Sabot, co-owner of Tyler Development Group;
- Michael L. Hamlar of Roanoke, owner and president of Hamlar-Curtis Funeral Home;
- David L. Miller of Brentwood, Tenn., retired president and COO of Community Health Systems; and
- Gene Scott of Richmond, retired regional vice president of Verizon.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Board of Visitors:
- C.T. Hill of Manakin-Sabot, retired from SunTrust;
- Sharon Brickhouse Martin of Fairfax, president of Brickhouse·Martin Healthcare Engineering; and
- Melissa Byrne Nelson of Richmond, pediatrician at Pediatric Associates of Richmond.
Virginia State University Board of Visitors:
- Michael Flemming of Alexandria, general counsel at Smithfield Foods Inc.;
- Raul R. Herrera of Burke, attorney at Arnold & Porter LLP;
- Glenn D. Sessoms of Cordova, Tenn., retired executive at FedEx; and
- Wayne Turnage of Washington, deputy mayor for health and human services.
Virginia Latino Advisory Board:
- Manuel E. Leiva of Leesburg, attorney at The Leiva Law Firm.
Board of Physical Therapy:
- Tracey Adler of Richmond, physical therapist at Orthopedic Physical Therapy Inc.; and
- Arkena Dailey of Hampton, doctor of physical therapy and clinical specialist at Sentara Health System, adjunct faculty at Old Dominion University.