Ned W. Massee, president of Croatan Advisors in Richmond, Va., was elected for a two-year term as board chair of the Virginia Early Childhood Foundation (VECF). In addition, the following new board officers were elected:
· Vice-Chair Robert Hurt, vice president and director of the Center for Law and Government at Liberty University
· Secretary Dr. Cynthia Romero, MD, FAAPP, director, M. Foscue Brock Institute for Community and Global Health at Eastern Virginia Medical School
· Treasurer Nicholas "Mick" Sladic, general counsel in Operations, Collections and Recoveries Divisions of Capital One
Also, four new board members were elected to serve a three-year term:
· Todd Asbury, president & CEO, New Peoples Bankshares, Inc.
· Luanne Gutermuth, EVP and chief administrative officer, Washington Gas
· James Lane, superintendent of public instruction, Virginia Department of Education
· Gary Thomson, CPA, president, Thomson Consulting
VECF is a statewide public-private entity that supports early childhood development and school readiness for the Commonwealth's youngest children.