RTD in the Classroom
The Richmond Times-Dispatch is pleased to offer reduced-priced digital subscriptions for use by educators in the classroom. For just $5 per month, teachers can receive access tokens for every student in their classes, enabling them to incorporate the RTD’s vast online content into their lesson plans.
From elementary schools to college classrooms, teachers can use this content to engage their students and to drive home their lessons with local, “real-life” examples.
Here are a few ways the RTD’s digital content can be used in the classroom:
- Enhance vocabulary and word study instruction within real life context
- Incorporate local weather patterns and predictions into science lessons
- Use data and statistics to practice mathematical operations
- Learn about current events that may parallel your history studies
- Experience a unique take on Richmond’s local history
- Read and discuss editorials as a part of your writing lessons
Choose from two easy payment options: $5 per month or a one-time payment of $47.50 (access begins September 1 and expires June 15)