Below are a few maps that break down the Tacky Lights list into smaller, manageable routes. Follow these directions to make the maps work on your smartphone:
• You need the Google Maps app (not Apple maps) on your phone.
• Click on "More options" on the map you want to follow.
• Google Maps will launch on your phone.
• In Google Maps, click on the list of stops above the map and scroll up to Richmond, Va at the top of the list.
• Click on Richmond, Va. and choose "My location." That will replace Richmond with your location and route you to the first stop.
The above route ends with Ashbury Court as the grand finale. It's truly THE must see Tacky Lights stop. Plan to sit in traffic getting there and you're likely to be parking a street or two away. It's worth the walk!
This route ends with the James Center, another spectacle that you'll want to get out of your car and walk around to enjoy.
Chesterfield's tacky houses are pretty spread out. This map focuses on a cluster of homes near the Brandermill area. Also, this route has a couple light shows set to music. Enjoy.
Most of these homes are clustered together, but the long haul to the last stop could have a nice payoff. On select Fridays and Saturdays in December from 7 to 10 p.m., Brett Aliotti dresses as the "Live Grinch" at 1411 Pennsylvania Avenue. Also, if you're still feeling festive after seeing the Grinch, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is really close by. (Tickets are $8 to $13.)
Some homes featured in our archive of Tacky Lights videos are no longer lighting up. Please check the Tacky Lights list above for this year's homes.