Photo Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
- Percentage change in millennial population: 19.0 percent
- Percentage of population that are millennials: 20.6 percent
- Median earnings among millennials: $45,504
- Median home price: $277,517
- Cost of living: 1 percent above average
Known as the “Live Music Capital of the World,” Austin is home to the highest percentage of millennials of any large metro. Austin also saw a big increase in its millennial population, which increased by almost 20 percent from 2012 to 2017. This fact is no surprise given the plethora of tech jobs, live music events, and outdoor recreation opportunities. The more affordable Austin suburbs offer millennials less expensive homes while still being close to everything Austin has to offer.