Photo Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
- Percentage change in millennial population: 21.3 percent
- Percentage of population that are millennials: 19.6 percent
- Median earnings among millennials: $45,504
- Median home price: $356,642
- Cost of living: 6 percent above average
Millennials in Denver make up 19.6 percent of the population. While homes do not come cheap here, millennials continue to move to the “Mile High City” in droves, increasing their population by over 21 percent from 2012 to 2017. The mountains and natural beauty are a big attraction as is the city’s strong job market. Surrounding suburbs boast excellent schools for millennials looking for more space outside the city. Skiing in the winter or mountain biking and hiking in the summer make the Denver area a very appealing place for active millennials.