Photo Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
- Percentage change in millennial population: 22.8 percent
- Percentage of population that are millennials: 18.6 percent
- Median earnings among millennials: $41,054
- Median home price: $346,833
- Cost of living: 2 percent above average
Portland had the largest percentage change in millennials of any large metro from 2012 to 2017. The area isn’t cheap, although not nearly as expensive as other millennial hotbeds San Francisco and Seattle. The lure of the city’s craft breweries, bike lanes, and quirky reputation are big draws for millennials. But it’s not just for hipsters; this outdoorsy Pacific Northwest metro area is a great place to raise a family. The Portland metro area boasts plenty of parks, and both beaches and mountains are easily accessible.