Photo Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
- Percentage change in millennial population: 22.2 percent
- Percentage of population that are millennials: 20.1 percent
- Median earnings among millennials: $52,582
- Median home price: $399,475
- Cost of living: 12 percent above average
Although it is one of the more expensive metro areas, Seattle lures millennials with higher paying jobs, especially in the tech sector. The median earnings for full-time working millennials is over $52,000 per year, and millennial families can save a lot by not paying any state income tax. Seattle is home to a number of Fortune 500 companies, including Amazon, Starbucks, and Microsoft.