Photo Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
- Percentage change in millennial population: -13.3 percent
- Percentage of population that are millennials: 14.9 percent
- Median earnings among millennials: $35,392
- Median home price: $181,717
- Cost of living: 5 percent below average
The southwest desert metro of Tucson saw a large outflow of millennials from 2012 to 2017, with over a 13 percent decline in the millennial population. Home to the University of Arizona, the area has a large student population and boasts warm weather, nearby mountains, and plenty of hiking trails. However, the relatively low median wage for millennials in Tucson is likely a turnoff.