Recent Subscriber Plus Stories
A national alliance of veterans groups, judges, elected officials and law enforcement is seeking fast-track approval in Congress for a bipartisan bill that would send nonviolent veterans facing criminal charges to court-supervised treatment programs instead of prison.
NEWTON, Iowa — NASCAR overturned a victory for the first time under its toughened new policy on cheating when Brett Moffitt was declared the winner of the Truck Series race at Iowa Speedway after Ross Chastain failed a postrace inspection.
Suspected drug overdoses killed an inmate at the Haynesville Correctional Center and led to the hospitalization of seven others there Saturday night.
Forrest Wall’s RBI double in the ninth inning led the New Hampshire Fisher Cats to a 2-1 win over the Richmond Flying Squirrels on Sunday at The Diamond.
Henrico County officials habitually underestimate annual health care costs for inmates in the county’s two jails, but a $4 million shortfall in the sheriff’s budget — the largest in seven years — shows an expanding jail population in the county is requiring more public resources.
What do I get for being part of Subscriber Plus?
- Web pages that load faster on your computer or mobile device and that limit distractions from the content you’ve come to see
- Immediate access to all content on the Richmond.com website and app, including certain stories and photo galleries reserved for subscribers
- Limited advertising
- Ability to comment on stories along with other digital subscribers
- Discounts at local businesses and restaurants as well as other special offers through Club RTD
- All newspaper subscribers who have added digital to their accounts (free for seven-day subscribers)
- All digital-only subscribers