Our classified ads are read by thousands of Richmonders in print and online. To place a classified ad, you may either call us at (804) 643-4414 or place it using our self-serve system.
To place a classified ad using self serve
- Go to our advertising portal.
- If you don’t already have an account, create one. This will be separate from your All Access account with The Times-Dispatch.
- Once your account is created, choose the category of advertising and your classification.
- Select your print ad template. For example, you might choose a one-column liner ad with or without a photo.
- Type in a title for your item or service. Then fill in the ad content and a contact number.
- On the next screen fill in more information about you.
- At this point, you will see a preview of your ad. Once you approve, hit CONTINUE. Select what day or days you would like the ad to appear.
- Finally, enter your payment information.
- This self-serve site is for private individuals only. Realtors and funeral homes should contact their advertising representative to have an account set up on our commercial self-service site.
If at any point you need assistance, please call our classified advertising department at (804) 643-4414