If you would like to place an announcement of an Eagle Scout or Gold Award – the highest awards in Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts – please call our Celebrations line at (804) 649-6825. We will e-mail you a one-page form to complete. Here are some guidelines about scout milestone announcements:
- There is no charge for these announcements.
- Please submit the form and a photograph after the ceremony.
- The announcement will be published in a Sunday edition of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- You may request a date for publication. Our deadline is three weeks in advance of the publication date.
- Photographs do not have to be professional portraits. We accept e-mailed images as well as hard copies of pictures on a disc.
- E-mailed photos should be at least 500 KB in size and at least 200 DPI in resolution.
- Please include the name of the scout when you submit a photo.
- If you’d like a photograph returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your submission.
- E-mails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.