If you would like to place a paid announcement of a wedding or engagement in the Richmond Times-Dispatch and on our website, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to our advertising portal
- Click on CELEBRATIONS
- On the next page, choose whether you want to submit a wedding or an engagement announcement. Then select the package size you would like. The sizes are listed as number of columns by inches deep (example: 1 X 11.5 is 1 column by 11.5” inches deep). Then click CONTINUE.
- On the next screen, you’ll be able to choose from templates within the size you’ve chosen. Pick a TEMPLATE and click CONTINUE.
- On the next screen, you can enter text as well as upload an image.
- At this point, you can proof your announcement.
- Click continue to schedule it for the date you want. Each package includes a print and online component as well as a special keepsake plaque.
- Remember, Wedding and Engagement announcements run on Sundays in the RTD Celebrations section of the Richmond Times-Dispatch. The announcement also will appear in the Weddings section on Richmond.com beginning on the date it is published in the newspaper.
- Finally, you will be asked to log in or register. Please note, this is not the same as your All Access log-in credentials. This will be a separate account. During this step, payment will be processed.
If you have any problems, call (804) 649-6825, or send us an email.
The deadline for wedding and engagement announcements is 4 p.m. on the Thursday 10 days before a Sunday Celebration section publishes.